Monday, July 2, 2007

Buy on the rumor... sell on the news...

I believe I am gonna eventually prove right on my AAPL prediction despite the phenomenal first day sales of the iGadget of the Century. Whereas many amateurs in chat forums expected astronomic performances at the opening this morning, all we got was a two dollar drop instead. I am curious how the day will end... as I was saying, the iPhone has been factored in. About time to short them, if you got the nutware. :)

Anyway, the first weekend sales estimates range from 300 thousand units (JP Morgan) to half a million units (PiperJaffray). We'll never know for sure but I personally reckon that they must have sold slightly more units than the lower (JP Morgan) prediction... JP Morgan's analyst Shope went as far to even suggest that last weekend's kick-off sales were rather "disappointing" (for cryin' out loud!)...

No comments: