Sunday, October 7, 2007

Autumn in Oudenaarde...

The last few days have been cold but with clear skies that we haven't seen in a long time. I shot some early fall shots yesterday and published them on my public dot mac gallery. Go have a look...

For those of you interested about how to process digital imagery, I gotta tell ye! These shots have been processed by DxO Optics Pro 4.5...

If you got no clue what this is all about, go have a look at the DxO web site. For kicks, I got to tell you alone that for the popular and high-end DSLRs and lenses they have a DB of aberrations known to be present (geometry, color, etc) when a certain camera lens combination is used. And then, they correct it digitally in a way that takes care of this. They also simulate colors your shots would have if they were shot by analog gear on some well known negative or dia-positive films, color or B/W.

The difference I seen was subtle but it was there... especially, when you print them shots on paper. BTW, they are about to bring out version 5 with new camera models added (for instance, Canon's 40D, just out).

Watch the demo clips on their site to see what I mean...

No comments: