Sunday, October 14, 2007

Divine Bouzouki...


I don't know if you are able to feel the vibe inside your backbones at the sound of this clip. I mean, unless you are born... Greek. (I created the clip just to make you hear the music, so I put a few of my pics together and added the sound to create a YouTube clip... best possible way I am aware of to embed some music inside a blogpost).

As I was saying - I left Greece more than 30 years ago, I was still a kid- even without close links to friends and enemies back there, Greek music and the sound of bouzouki has been so deeply engraved in the millions of neurons of my unconscious that sounds like the one on the clip bring back emotions I didn't know I even had...

The bouzouki... the most revolutionary of all instruments... It's probably the high pitch primitive sound of its twin strings, full of energy and hope and rhythm... yeah the rhythm that made Zorba jump to his dance until he dropped.

No comments: