Monday, July 21, 2008

The Real Daniel Lyons

While a moron Reuters reporter thought of making the news today with the most no-news article of the last ten years about the health of Steve Jobs, Daniel Lyons, a.k.a. Fake Steve Jobs, published in a Blurb book edition a large part of his funniest blogs. I went out to order the more expensive edition that counts almost 300 pages of laughter of the best kind.

I did something similar in Blurb with posts from my blog here, for my own use a few weeks ago (I mean, I'd be my own only buyer, wouldn't I?) and enjoyed putting it together*. I gotta admit though that Mr Lyons did a far better graphic design job in his book. He also managed to keep the price at an unusually low level, since, I guess, he'd be selling quite a few of those and the Blurb chiefs gave him a cool price...

I wish him the best... a must have for contemporary Apple geeks... and a collector's item in 20 years from now, mark my words!

_______________________________________________________________

* if you want to compare mine with Lyons', click on the badge above left to link to a preview of my book and then link via this blog to Lyons' to compare. The latter is waaaay better than mine in terms of design... I wouldn't even dare stand by him in terms of content... I had a bit of fun doing it though. Worth trying for anyone who loves the art of putting books together.

No comments: